View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No contender will trade a core player signed at a great contract long term for a rental player, and certainly not from an area of weakness on our roster.

Not to mention he has a NTC.

I think the point of the thread was to find a way to convert our most valuable asset we can afford to lose into Perry. Not to make a hole to fill a luxury.
I think he means what Canucks would ASK for if it was Kesler going to other way. Impending UFA status isn't exactly a hindrance to the Ducks getting what they want for a player of this calibre. Not with half the contenders in the league interested in him.

It's not about fair, it's about ANA getting what they want. If they don't, there's a good chance they can re-sign him and Getzlaf anyway.

With all due respect to the OP, spoken as a fan of the Canucks...without Perry I don't think Vancouver is that strong of a Cup contender this year. Hope I'm wrong, but I think 2011 was the year and it just didn't work out.

Even WITH Perry and their current roster, it'd be no sure thing Rey get past the 2nd round. IMO.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote