View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Mclovinz1t

vCash: 500
#1 chicago blackhawks vs. #8 edmonton oilers game 5

With the series even and the home teams winless , the howls and oilers headed back to Chicago for game 5. The oilers got out of the gates quickly after being shut out in game 4 scoring three goals in e first fifteen minutes of the game(nugent-Hopkins, horcoff, hall), but then Rinne seemed to settle down I the net. Andy McDonald scored a rebound on a 2 on 1 with 1.6 seconds left in the first to make it a 3-1 game. That would be all the scoring until the final minute when horcoff would put the nail in the coffin on this one with an empty net goal. Despite Rinne's 41 saves the oilers take game 5 4-1.

leads the series 3-2

Captain Taylor hall, " it's great that we have earned the opportunity to put this series away at home in game 6, but we know that is a very skilled team over there, and we have already seen how they play when their backs are against the wall , so it's important we come to the rink ready for a real battle next game because that's gonna be the hardest game of this series."

Corey Crawford on the chance to eliminate the team that traded him, " it's a business, there are no hard feeling s to them for dealing me away. I have found a good home here in edmonton, and we have a great young hockey club. The important thing is to bare down here, in the next game and put this series away. Nobody in this locker room wants to make the trip back to Chicago. They're a good team and have a goalie playing at the top of his game as well. We have to have that killer instinct and finish this thing, we can't get caught thinking about the next round before this one is done. Or get caught up with the emotions of playing a former team full of your friends. Right now, there are no friends in that other locker room, just a team we need to beat 1 more time"

Mclovinz1t is offline   Reply With Quote