01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I don't care if it's been discussed.
We've got half the board talking about Seth Jones at the same time, that somehow, we're not playing Tatar and Nyquist even with 3 Freakin' Forwards on the IR.

We're putting off a lot of the transition to next year.And next year could be worse... Because while Smith may get better, and maybe Brunner, just about everyone else are who they are. They're only older and slower a year from now.

And if we have straight transition years -- make it three or more, because I doubt Datsyuk comes back to Detroit if we suck next year.

Ken Holland is increasing the chances of a long, hard transition by his refusal to play the youngsters.

This should have been a transition on the fly. That's not saying that anyone we have is going to replace Lidstrom or Datsyuk in the next 4-5 years. But this transition needed to start with more zest, 2 or 3 years ago. And it's beyond reason that it's still being held up today.
Everyone knows this, Newsy. This is why the board started *****ing as soon as the lockout ended. Everyone knew we had re-signed Bertuzzi for two years. Everyone knew we re-signed Samuelsson. Everyone knew we signed Colaiacovo. Everyone knew we had too many bodies in the bottom 6.

This is brought up in every single thread. Why isn't Nyquist up? Why isn't Tatar up? Why isn't Mursak playing (before he got hurt). Why aren't we giving Sheahan a spot when other 'contenders' are giving spots to teenagers?

Holland is missing the boat big time. Like everyone likes to point out, this isn't 2001 in a no cap league where Holland can overspend. I think everyone knows Holland has been trending down since the last finals appearance. I have no idea if Holland and the gang have a sure fire method to their madness, but I think we all know that in two years time we'll see where this team really is.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote