Old
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Sort of beside the point isnt it?
$3 million was a placeholder more than anything, want to add $1.5 million go ahead - it doesnt change the premise. There is a ton of dough to play with for shortish term players making high salaries that could be of huge value to us at no cost other than money.

We have a real opportunity over the next year to really bolster our team, along with the many prospects cooking along.
I agree and I knew what you were getting at, but I was just making the point that some people are deluding themselves if they think Alfie will take a large pay cut for the 'good of the team' so to speak. Not implying you think that per say, but just making the point.

I agree that we have a real chance to spend some money, but that will be up to Melnyk obviously. I still think waiting until the next summer, where there are tons of free agents would be wise. Let our current crop of players develop some more, see where they fit in and who doesn't, then add a piece or two you think could push us over the top in the summer of 2014.