View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
But as of right now, Keith Aucoin is our secondary scoring. He has noticeable chemistry with Ullstrom, it would be pointless to pull them away from that until the chemistry is gone. So what I'm saying is if we're talking about right now, Ullstrom and Aucoin shouldn't be separated. If we're talking long term, or a point later in the season (like 10+ games away), then Ullstrom on the 1st line could be an experiment.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Bailey and Joensuu return. I'd like to see Jesse on the 3rd line, but finding a spot for Bailey will be difficult.
I have a feeling Bailey will come back as a center. At this point it probably makes the most sense, at least until Strome gets here next year or if they feel Nelson is eventually ready this season. I expect Okposo to be reunited with Bailey, which would open a spot on the Tavares line. I don't want to see Boyes there. I know Tavares can score with whoever is on his line, but I'd rather put someone there that can help him excell instead of someone who will just be dragged along by JT.

Again, I think the Isles' best bet for a balanced lineup would be something like this(once Bailey and Joensuu are back):

Moulson - Tavares - Ullstrom
Niederreiter - Bailey - Okposo
Grabner - Nielsen - Boyes/Joensuu
Martin - Aucoin - McDonald
x - Boyes/Joensuu, Boulton
Send down Cizikas. Waive or send down Reasoner.

Aucoin can be that effective 4C that we haven't had for a while. We've had a black hole of a 4th line for a while now. We would now have what could be a dominant 1st line if Ullstrom clicks with Tavares, and a 2A and 2B 2nd and 3rd line. 2A would be that big, physical scoring line. 2B would be that quality skating, defensively responsible scoring line. On the 4th, Aucoin continues to play with McDonald, only now they'll have Martin instead of Ullstrom. They will still have that solid forcheck, however they lose some skill but gain some physicality.

The defense will most likely be a weakness no matter what, but at least we'd be able to roll out all 4 lines with some confidence.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote