Thread: Proposal: Mtl & pit:
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Agree to disagree. The kid is 23 years old and has been mishandled. Not being able to keep up with Evgeni Malkin doesn't make a player a bust.

Regardless of Tangradi being part of the equation, referring to Simon Despres as spare parts is absurd.
Yes, referring to a 21-year old young high ceiling defenseman that can skate like he does and shoot like he does as a spare part is absurd. He has a chance to show his stuff while being paired with Letang the next 2-4 weeks. If he is a Canadiens fan, I think I will hit a nerve with him regarding my comment of Louis LeBlanc, who is the same age and has tremendous skill. It's much easier to break into the NHL as a forward than a blueliner.

I don't buy the mishandled comment. Same excuse Edmonton fans bring with PRV - midhandled ... blah, blah, blah. Not saying he is a bust because he can't keep up with Sid or Geno. Hell, there are guys who have been in the league for six or seven years with good careers that can't. He is a 6-4 power forward that should dominate in the AHL. He hasn't done that. He isn't a first or second line guy on this team and he doesn't fit the third line at all. Where does he fit? Really, not in Pittsburgh.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote