View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
MasterD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS3

I really hope that Eller won't turn out to be Bulis. And I hope he won't be traded and have a good chance to prove himself at center.

What should we do then ? Next season, we could trade Desharnais and Plekanec ? I'd trade Plek because he has much more value than Desharnais; and moreover, Plek salary is higher too, and he's older.
I'Ve been thinking this for a while now. I had the same view on Bulis: when we got him, I thought he had 2nd line LW potential, 50 points guy. It became slowly but surely pretty clear that this would never happen. I loved him on our 3rd line at the time, although not really a physical presence, but he wanted a bigger role.

I think Eller will never be more than a 3rd line. He's a good one at that, although doesn't hit often, but he plays a sound defensive game and can chip in offensively sometimes. If he insists on playing higher in the lineup, then trade him.

EDIT I mostly think Eller lacks hockey sense and vision. He doesn't make the right plays at the right time, and is not a great (but not bad) passer either.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote