View Single Post
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Mr Writer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Getzlaf and Perry were key contributors last olympics and I think they deserve another look. One mediocre WC performance (where everyone on the team was mediocre) doesn't write them off for me. Also, about Skinner, I'm projecting a little with that pick. He's got 5 goals already in this young season and he'll be even better a year from now. Evander Kane could also slip on the Getzlaf and Perry line. Bergeron and Seguin could be a great fit on the fourth line too though, and again, I think Kane or Skinner could be a great fit on the LW of that line. Maybe even Taylor Hall if he goes on a real tear.
I don't care what they did 4 years ago in Vancouver on small ice. Perry is a bad penalty machine a - player and will cost us in a tight game against one of the non-gold medal contenders. No legacy picks, that is just mimicking Gretzky's Torino fiasco. I'll take Seguin's 30 goals, responsible player on both sides of the puck discipline play over Perry in a heartbeat. Bergeron wins draws, is responsible player and can play anywhere in the lineup. At the very least he's the 13th forward. Getzlaf is not a fourth line player and his ego will only stink up the room. I'll argue until selection day the inclusion of Getzlaf/Perry and Skinner.