Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
vCash: 500
Nino opened up a bit at the All-Star Game...

“It was really frustrating,” Niederreiter said. “I had a really tough season last year. I wasn’t playing much, I played low minutes and obviously it wasn’t the game I wanted to play. I still learned a lot, I was really happy to have that chance to play a full season in the NHL already.

“This summer I was working hard and I was trying to prepare myself for the next chance and it was frustrating I didn’t get the chance but that’s out of my control.”

Last season, Niederreiter played in 55 games with the Isles and scored just one goal and no assists while putting up an incredible -29 plus-minus while averaging just over 10 minutes of ice time per game. Comparing that with what he’s done in the AHL so far would seem to indicate major improvement and a leading reason why the Isles don’t want to deal him.
I get it...Nino thinks he proved himself and deserved to try to earn a spot this season in the 5 day training camp. Perhaps he should've...on the other hand...a full season in the AHL is the right approach regardless, so as long as the Isles made it clear that they want him to spend the year in Bridgeport...then I don't see what the big deal is.

The Isles, mind you, treated Bailey very similarly. We all know they botched his development by rushing him in...then repeatedly refused to send him to Bridgeport. After going pointless thru 13 games in 2010...Isles did the smart thing and sent him to Bridgeport, where he played exceptionally well. I think he cleared his head and put up 17 points thru 11 games. So...he's cured...let's bring him back up! How'd he do after his call-up for the rest of that season? 51 games, 8 goals, 14 assists, 22 points, -4

Nino is going down the same path. And he deserves to "lead" Bridgeport and get his confidence back. Get Bridgeport into the playoffs...put together a good run. Slow and steady.

Isles would be ridiculed if they brought Nino back again and suffered more setbacks...all we'd hear is, "Shoulda kept him in Bridgeport the whole season! What a shoddy organization!"

Rush the player...Isles get burned. Give him a season to get adjusted in the minors...Isles get burned.

“I’m trying to focus on what I can control and what I can control is on the ice. The rest I leave for my agent. Whatever he think is best for me he should just do that.”
Didn't Bergenheim say the exact same thing before he and his agent stood firm and decided not to report to camp and sign...ignoring Wang's "if you're not in camp signed, we'll talk contract again next season"? And didn't Bergenheim end up firing his agents?

I dunno...especially that last part..."Whatever he thinks is best for me, he should just do that." That's very, very dumb.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote