Thread: Proposal: Columbus needs a pure finisher
View Single Post
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
I take it as if you mean the Jackets are rebuilding . How do you rebuild if you have no assets to do that? If you ask me, tanking and drafting prospects, then waiting for them to denvelop is not a good way for a team that has no success in the history at all. Are the fans prepared for 3-4 more years of being a bottom team?

The Jackets already have a solid defensive core, all they need is a pair of good offensive players and they can do some damage
Rebuilding is a funny word. And your use of "no assets" I also find funny.

The CBJ has acquired a bunch of young players and draft picks to go along with young players/prospects already in Columbus. This is really the first year of whatever-you-want-to-call-it. So it makes sense to see what you've got first. Not to mention there is new leadership at the top of Columbus' player personnel department. Something tells me he's gonna want to have a look-see.

How do you know what pieces you want to build around, or what you have that others might want in return for other assets moving forward unless you've done a thorough assessment?

Unless someone comes calling with a no-brainer of an offer, I don't see any significant movement from a roster standpoint for the CBJ this season.

"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote