View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
Then call up Beau Bennett. When you have Crosby, Malkin, and Neal the goals will there. Kunitz and Dupuis also netted 26 and 25 respectively last year. If they did get another top 6 winger, like Setoguchi, I won't be upset. But the defense is a bigger issue on this team right now.

Don't think just because the Penguins' prospects are highly rated means they are ready for top 4, or that they are okay to go into the playoffs with. Some of us have the tendency to think such.
Bennett isn't physically ready for the rigors of the NHL IMO. He makes the team next season. Last year was a career year for Duper and I don't expect him to score more than 20 again. Kunitz had a career year as well.

Bortuzzo is ready for the NHL (in a 3rd pairing role) and Despres is up here for a reason. None of the D prospects are top 4 NHL dmen today, but at some point you have to let them sink or swim. This season is the time for Bort and Despres. We can pick up a veteran at the deadline if it's really an issue. I personally think Eaton will sign an NHL deal once he's back in shape and will fill a role on this team down the stretch if injuries happen.