View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Actually grass only evolved after the dinosaurs went extinct. Flower plants came in the cretaceous (but was very small to start with). Horse teeth evolution are a clear indicator of their change from leaf eaters to be able to withstand the silicium crystal in the grass that are real teethgrinders.
Both oxygen and carbondioxid levels have varied enormously through geological time. But oxygen was high back then (maybe up to 40% in the carbiniferous period that could support giant insects) and reached very low levels (15%) around Miocene. So the Lovelock Gaia hypothesis with a constant of 21% is clearly wrong.
Hyperdrive and spacefolding (wormholes) - yep that is clearly one for the basement, but most be a lot of theoretical physics fun. The next thing you know is that your are playing superstring harp (is it 10 or 11 dimensions at the moment) and waiting for lovecraftian entities from beyond to give you cyclopean visions and non-euclidian angles to go insane over and emitting ghastly ululations
I was a basement vertebrate palæontogist for years as well though we actually needed some light for our polerized microscopes. The scanning electron microscope was in darkness though.
I have taken a gymnasium trip from Tårnby over Gribskov (Helsinge) to Nykøbing Falster (so ended in the most dead hockey zone of all Denmark. At least 125 km from the nearest rink
Wow, haha I bet most of your student's would be bored listening to this, im just swallowing it up!

40% :O Well geez there must have been bush fires ALL the time then???

That would also explain the density of the atmosphere and the ability for big animals to fly, and long neck dino's to support their weight?

Wouldn't be possible today would it?

Well, I LOVE it, for me it's fun, and not a job.. My best friend is an actual Engineer, while im more into the physics parts of it, and even he thinks that some of the stuff I say is crazy Haha no one understands us!!! We are a different breed !

11, SO FAR

HAHA now you are talking my language, yeah New Age is big in our basement, people must think we are doing drugs.

But more often than not, science is weirder than fiction!

Sooo many of my pal's actually went to Tårnby But im sure thats some time ago now

Poor you, poor you Im live quite close to a few rinks here in Denmark, Luckily

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote