View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That was a solid game by Paajarvi and Harski, I said before the game that IMO Smyth and Horc were getting demoted and that Paajarvi-Belanger-Harski were being promoted.

ES icetime from last night:

Belanger 12:28
Paajarvi 10:21
Hartikainen 9:08

Smyth 10:36
Horcoff 9:23
Petrell 8:24

Now keep in mind that Smyth took at least a shift or two with Paajarvi and Belanger after PP's expired since Harski was on the 2nd unit and IMO that is exactly how it played out.
Without a doubt the best game I've seen from Paajarvi since his rookie year. Still some tentative in his game on several rushes but at least some of the time bringing it into dangerous areas now. Suddenly the game might become some fun for him again and I think he needs that. he felt good about himself yesterday and that was evident when he gave Principe the stickwork in the postgame interviews. You like to see a player like this laughing because I think he can get really down on himself confidence wise.

As far as Harti, you just have to feed this guy minutes and clear instructions and theres definite value in his play. Its funny but when he's controlling the puck it reminds me of the few times Laroque would do that and play keep away. Except Harti is actually more able to take it to dangerous areas and do something with the biscuit when he hits the spots. Some great play banging on the Hemsky goal. Note the much improved Gagner shot from the point that handcuffed is what created the whole play. Gagner with two long range shots in succession (seconds apart) that were both difficult saves and contributed to juicy rebounds.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote