View Single Post
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Leafs 4 the cup
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Backstrom is like 36yrs old. No problem with him for a few seasons. Does have soem injury and durability concerns.

I doubt Getzlaf leaves ANH. They are apparently talking often. We will see. BUt I think if he goes on the market with 20 games left to go some team close to the playoffs will outbid our offer by a wide margin. Namely by offering a 1st round pick.

3 years of Backstrom is far better than 10 years of Lu... He would stabilize the net and allow Reimer grow into being a NHL goalie instead of getting fed to the wolves!

The Ducks will be hard pressed to sign him unless they somehow come up with 50 million dollars all of a sudden.... I think they would look to add players with term and youth, plus our 2nd will be top 40 pick. combined with the players it makes sense for both teams.

Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I'd only give Backstrom 2 yrs, and 3-4 mil per season
He will get Thomas type money i assume... 2 years at 3/4 M will never land you backstrom

Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I agree that trading our two best defensive forwards would have a ripple effect on the franchise, an absolutely terrible one.
meh, i like Grabo and Kuli but i like Getzlaf more! His back checking and D is also better that either Grabo or Kuli.