View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Backstrom is like 36yrs old. No problem with him for a few seasons. Does have soem injury and durability concerns.

I doubt Getzlaf leaves ANH. They are apparently talking often. We will see. BUt I think if he goes on the market with 20 games left to go some team close to the playoffs will outbid our offer by a wide margin. Namely by offering a 1st round pick.

3 years of Backstrom is far better than 10 years of Lu... He would stabilize the net and allow Reimer grow into being a NHL goalie instead of getting fed to the wolves!

The Ducks will be hard pressed to sign him unless they somehow come up with 50 million dollars all of a sudden.... I think they would look to add players with term and youth, plus our 2nd will be top 40 pick. combined with the players it makes sense for both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I'd only give Backstrom 2 yrs, and 3-4 mil per season
He will get Thomas type money i assume... 2 years at 3/4 M will never land you backstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I agree that trading our two best defensive forwards would have a ripple effect on the franchise, an absolutely terrible one.
meh, i like Grabo and Kuli but i like Getzlaf more! His back checking and D is also better that either Grabo or Kuli.