View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
I would absolutely hate to see that second line. Unproven-Inconsistent-Inconsistent. My biggest problem with how Bailey has been handled is that he has never really gotten significant time playing on a line with a proven scorer (mostly because we haven't had many). I don't want the same mistake to be made with Nino.

I would much rather see Nino or Bailey get a shot with the top line, the other with Frans. Given the quality of players coming up, Bailey is at a make or break point. Nino needs confidence at the NHL level after last year. Put them in the best position to succeed.
I honestly think that would be the best situation for Nino to succeed, outside of playing with Tavares. An unproven-inconsistent-inconsistent is better than an inconsistent(Grabner)-proven to not be a 2nd liner(Nielsen)-proven to be a bad top-6 player(Boyes).

Not to mention the line that no one wants to break up is made up of an unknown-a proven 4th liner-and a career AHLer. It makes the idea of Nino-Bailey-Okposo not look so bad.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote