View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta2009 View Post
After having seen Patrik Laine live for the first time this season, here are my thoughts:

He plays against guys that are even three years older than him, so it´s very impressive. Great shot, he can really shoot the puck. It´s very difficult for the defensemen to anticipate what he will do next - he can make surprising moves. Excellent puck handling skills and has the vision in order to make difficult passes. Big and strong, can hit too. Defensive game could use some work.

He´s easily one of the best 1998 born players in Finland in my opinion. Other notable players at this point are forwards Jesse Puljujärvi and Markus Nurmi. I also like the potential of defenseman Tarmo Reunanen, but he will have to improve his defensive game. The puck skills and skating are there for sure.
Do you see Laine being ahead of Puljujärvi in development at this moment? And how would you describe Puljujärvi's game? I've only seen some clips of him, and I liked what I saw. He looked like a explosive skater with a great motor, always moving, and good puck skills. Basically he was playing a very Kovalchuk-Ovechkin type of game. Is this in any way correct or was I seeing things?

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote