View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Averman
Ya, Yeo Betcha

vCash: 500
The main problem with the 2nd line to me seems to be a lack of a netfront presence. I don't know much about hockey, but it seems to me that pairing Granlund with someone who can create/finish some action around the net would go a long way towards bringing out the best in him. Hopefully Larsson and/or Coyle can provide an in house solution there sooner rather than later.

As far as Suter goes I think he's helped a lot when it comes to transitioning from defense to offense (the time he received a pass from Brodin in front of the net and then basically Supermanned the puck to create the possession that resulted in Heatley's goal comes to mind), but I really wish he'd be more proactive in front of his own net. I don't expect him to be a wrecking ball or anything, just to put more effort into not allowing the goalie to be screened and do a better job cutting off passing angles. He just seemed to be standing there doing nothing a bit too often. I don't blame him for the last goal though, Backstrom left that net wide open.