View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
To be honest, I think Tallinder and Volchenkov have both looked pretty great so far this season. Certainly better than what I remember from last year. Tallinder's probably been our best defenseman at moving the puck up the ice over 4 games. That's the problem, really. It's a shortened season and Deboer really likes that he can role 6 guys that don't need to learn anything. Nobody looks bad yet except for Zidlicky and you need him for the power play. If anything, he's who I would sit for Larsson. Salvador and Volchenkov have both been money along the boards and Tallinder hasn't had any Tallinder moments yet. Greene and Fayne look good, so it's a waiting game for Larsson. He's been developing all season in the AHL. He can take a break.

Difference here is that even when Henrique is healthy, there'll still be two spots for someone like Anderson.
Remember though with 8 defensemen though there won't be unless someone is on LTIR. Let's assume Matteau goes cause I really think he will. Then we sign Darche probably. There still would be room for a forward when Henrique gets back, but a defenseman will need to be on LTIR or traded.

I agree about Zidlicky though. He's been a cone even strength. I can't see him being sat though, but at even strength he's been really bad. He had that nice pass for Kovy's OT winner, but even our PP sucks with just the one man advantage.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote