View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
My biggest complaint the last 2 years is there doesn't seem to be a clear plan, if there is a clear plan I thought it was put together haphazardly and rushed
The plan last year was to rebuild, which is what they did. It may not have been to everyone's liking, but the attempt was there. When you deal Campbell and Kuhnhackl, you're sending a message that you're trying to put together future pieces.

This year, they fully expected to be near the top of the standings. I don't think anyone, myself included, expected what's happened. That said, being at the bottom, they're trying to make the playoffs to show Windsor fans that they're not giving up. I'd imagine, outside of the internet world, fans would hate to see them miss the playoffs. While it shouldn't be about $$, I can understand why, to an extent, it is. You can't say "we're going to make serious noise", then accept missing playoffs, and hope that the casual fans stick around.

Quote:
Your core for 14/15 would be Verbeek, Bateman, Murphy, Sanvido, DeKort and that is under the assumption none of those guys are moved to make a run next year. That stands up to what 06/07 looked like even worse probably.
You're assuming these guys won't develop in the least, over a span of two full seasons.