View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
The plan last year was to rebuild, which is what they did. It may not have been to everyone's liking, but the attempt was there. When you deal Campbell and Kuhnhackl, you're sending a message that you're trying to put together future pieces.

This year, they fully expected to be near the top of the standings. I don't think anyone, myself included, expected what's happened. That said, being at the bottom, they're trying to make the playoffs to show Windsor fans that they're not giving up. I'd imagine, outside of the internet world, fans would hate to see them miss the playoffs. While it shouldn't be about $$, I can understand why, to an extent, it is. You can't say "we're going to make serious noise", then accept missing playoffs, and hope that the casual fans stick around.

You're assuming these guys won't develop in the least, over a span of two full seasons.
I agree they started the rebuild last yr,especially after dealing Kuhnhackl and Campbell,and getting only picks in return,with the exception of the surprising Pavelka, a bonus if u ask spits management
They wanted to do it a year earlier but the closeness and temptation of a 3rd straight mem cup,and finishing in the final 4 to boot make it worth it
A year or 2 of rebuilding is fine by me
I agree with Boughner had Koko been here at the start of season we would not be on the outside looking in
Think Saginaw without Trochek or SSM witout Cousins,they would be in the same boat,prior to the 7 game losing streak spits were nip and tuck with Sag,Ply and SSM
The 7 gamer was the killer and not much else