View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Uh, actual play? Reaves' impact is just ridiculously overstated by Blues fans. Your enforcer who plays 7 minutes a game when he dresses, does not have that big of an impact on the game. Reaves is a nice player to have but it won't make a huge difference whether it's him or Langenbrunner. An avatar of the Hulk with a Blue note on it doesn't change that.

I beg to differ. Reaves is better than Langenbrunner in every aspect of the game right now except for passing and experience. Langenbrunner is slow, he doesn't have a good shot anymore, and can't really throw out a hit.

Reaves brings all of that and things that Langs lacks these days. Saying that your 4th line doesn't have much of an impact in the game is just incorrect. I would say Reaves-Nichol-Sobotka is one of the best 4th lines in the NHL. They can eat up almost 10min per game to allow our other 3 lines for much needed rest, they can wear down their opponent with their high energy/high physical play, and sometimes even creat some scoring chances.

Reaves also brings big hits and fights with most of the time him not taking stupid penalties. I would like to see Reaves penalty minutes over a season where fights/instigators aren't shown. Reaves doesn't really get that mad or frustrated and take dumb charging penalties. He plays an effective physical game and I couldn't ask for more from him.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote