View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 04:03 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
If the Flames finally accept that they need to rebuild (which they desperately need to do) the Hawks should really go after Kiprusoff aggressively. He's still got it from what I've seen of him on Center Ice and he doesn't come with the longterm contract baggage that Luongo carries. Could be the perfect guy to backstop us in the Playoffs this season and next (he has one more year left on his deal next season, with a large cap hit but low salary number).
No reason to pick up Kiprusoff now. He's had the same routine and time zone for close to a decade. Unless the goalie's name is Roy or has been bounced around their entire career, I don't like the idea of bringing in one in the midst of a season for a playoff run for what they're going to cost. He hasn't been out of the first round since the previous stoppage, and he's been behind a much much different group of skaters which may also cause some problems (adjustment).

I am not opposed to picking him up after this year, but I would prefer they avoid him for now. If they are going to get a goalie, I prefer a career backup on a contract with only one or two years left. There are plenty of those floating around.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote