Thread: Gagner
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Iceonfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMK View Post
I don't remember a time when his compete level was low... Never understood the hate on for Gagner.
High skill level, average speed, below average size, high level vision, good shot, below average faceoffs, high compete.
If he can stay healthy for 70+ games, finally playing with line-mates with comparable skill levels, he will be a top 10, offensive, 2nd line center-man for years. His defense will never be top 10 2nd line center-man because of his lack of speed, but he should be in the top 20 at least. He thinks the game well. I have him pegged for 60-65 points per year after this one, while the Oilers have a legit 2nd line with Yakupov and Hemsky.
Its not like Gagner never had a great work ethic, he has always had that. He just seems much more confident this year. I think the coach has much for faith in him than Renney did.

And defensively he hasn't been that bad. He completes way more passes than his linemates. Hemsky has been leaking turnovers because he holds onto the puck for to long. And Yak is still a rookie.

I say give him 2 more years and try and get someone like Clowe.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote