View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
As others have stated, what we need is a Niklas Kronwall to play alongside Suter. Sadly, those kind of players are a valuable commodity and therefore, not really available.

Clayton Stoner with better hands would be ideal.

Here is the list of who we'd ideally deal:

Setoguchi
Cullen (has NTC, but he might waive it)
Prosser
Mitchell (if Setoguchi is moved)

Setoguchi and Mitchell come in a package, they're good buddies and I think we only brought in Mitchell to start up Seto. That, and he has to play 4th line minutes in Wild, which is not ideal considering that he could easily play in 3rd line on another team.

Cullen has been... unimpressive thus far but he is solid on the PK, useful on the PP and still has good speed and motor. Think north-south 3rd line TWF who can play on the PK.

Prosser, well... He can handle 3rd pairing minutes, has decent hands and a fairly good shot. Can occasionally hit and get aggressive, and somewhat fight (as seen last season). His downside is his positioning and decision-making, so he should be used as a call-up or 6th D-man. While he is the whipping dog of our fanbase, he is not completely useless.

We'd also maybe need a 2nd line power forward, think Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic or Ryane Clowe. The "maybe" depends on how ready Charlie Coyle is. A rental is OK, actually an ideal situation would be a player on last year of his deal. Should come a bit cheaper and with Coyle on the pipeline, we'd ideally want him on the NHL starting next season.

So, TL;DR:

On trading block:

Setoguchi
Mitchell
Cullen (NTC?)
Prosser

Needs:

Physical D-man capable of playing alonside Suter, preferably fit for 1st pairing but can be a 2nd-pairing D too.
2nd line power forward, preferably a rental.
If I had to guess.... speculate, etc.... I'd say Detroit would want something like Setoguchi and Scandella... or Scandella and one of the younger forwards like Coyle or Zucker.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote