View Single Post
01-29-2013, 04:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
My feeling is if the spits were to be awarded the Mem Cup players such as Schmaltz and Allen would gravitate to Windsor,especially if Allen does not get drafted which is possible,his numbers despite his ability are not great,the fact is HoSang and Schmaltz would go top 10 in the NHL draft,the exposure into May would be huge
Even London wont boast of 2 top 10 1st rders for the 2014 draft,i there past draft was unimpressive,but if Schmaltz comes it should be a marketing bonanza for the league and the CHL
Had Schmaltz committed he would have gone top 3 or 4 in the jr draft,up there with HoSang and Macdavid
What's the hold up with Schmaltz then? He can commit to Windsor at any time and continue to play in Green Bay. The bid is coming up and wouldn't you rather already have Schmaltz in the fold than saying "well we drafted Schmaltz and we can recruit him to play for us." As they say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I don't think you really believe Windsor can be rewarded the Memorial Cup without having commitments from players already in the fold.