View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
SteveCangialosi123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
One thing that has me scratching my head is why aren't we playing 7 d-men, 7 NHL caliber d-men, while benching Janssen/Barch and double shifting Kovy?

Wouldn't that be a better option then having a goon ride the pine for 55 minutes of a 60 minute game? Give Larsson Volchenkov's 5vs5 shifts and I honestly think we'd be a way better team then a goon on our 4th and #28 playing 5vs5. Maybe Lou's showcasing Janssen, you never know

Just my 2 cents.
That's what I would do. We essentially play like we dress 7 d men anyway with the lack of minutes Janssen and Barch get. Why not have an extra d man? Have Larsson take some even strength shifts from Zids and Volch and even give Larsson some pp time to help Kovy get some rest from double shifting the whole game. It makes so much sense I don't see why we aren't doing it. How exactly will Janssen, Barch, or Anderson be helping us more than what I just outlined? It gives us the ability to sit a d man who's having a bad game as well. How are we not doing this? It's idiotic.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote