View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
In that case probably Sammer. But everything runs through Rummenigge and Hoeness in the end anyway.
Yep, Sammer is the main guy for those things. And I'm looking forward to the partnership between him and Pep. He has been an analytical admirer of Pep's vision of how to play the game for quite some time, and I'm all but convinced they'll get along very well.

And I'd say that the importance of the institutions Hoeneß and Rummenigge isn't quite what it was some years ago. Well, obviously, as their positions have changed. I think Martinez was an example of that. Some time ago, they wouldn't have made such a transfer happen when they felt they had to pay more than he was worth in their eyes. They admitted to that being the case in their eyes over there as well, but they said that Heynckes and especially Sammer were convinced he'd bring something they need, so they ended up paying the price it took and all actions it took to get the player the guys in immediate charge of the team on the pitch decided on. They'll still make sure to add certain perspective and not let things get out of hand, but I don't think they'd easily veto anything.

I don't think that would go over all too well with Sammer, either. That's what they got him for, someone who's judgement on that side they trust, still adding a bit of a different perspective and willing to stand up for what he thinks works.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote