Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I'd like to think that as well, but I will admit I don't like the way Nino's treating this situation and I really dislike the agent's approach. Bringing this public only pisses off Snow and puts him in a position of weakness (if he really wanted to deal Nino) - it's a lose lose. Dumb move.

His agent should know better, given Nino's age and how he played last year, the non-pre-season, the zero training camp.

This may well end up in a trade. It wouldn't surprise me. But I hope that Nino (and his agent) come to their senses. They had their chance to back-peddle a bit but they did NOT....which, in my opinion, is ANOTHER mistake. Again, hurting their chances of a) being called up b) traded and c) winning the PR battle.
Dumb Dumb Dumb.

The bolded part of your comments, is what causes me to scratch my head.

Unless a player has some way to legally twist Snow/Wang's arm, when has Snow/Wang shown that the isles can be embarrassed or swayed into giving up their rights?

Really, just the opposite.
While fans and media look at NYI situations and say the isles should be embarrassed, Wang/Snow take a lowkey approach, as if there's nothing out of the ordinary.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote