Thread: Westgarth
View Single Post
01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Forslund is so full of ****, he's approaching the Tripp Tracy level of completely bizarre player analysis. Why is it that 95% of the coverage of this team is by people who are employed by the team?
Actually I agree, there aren't enough people, yet alone hockey educated people, that cover the team that don't tow the party line. Not necessarily to the same extent about Forslund, but he's NEVER going to publicly state what he's really thinking in many instances. Luke was as close as we got to that on a reliable basis, and even as good of a reporter as he was he wasn't going to really press that many buttons that have much of a chance to cut off his access to info. Basically Cory on Canes Country is the only other person I trust enough assessment wise to give a fair take on what's going on. And he's still on the rosey side of the spectrum.

Guerzy and myself were actually on the verge of starting something up a while back, but it never got off the ground. It was right after the move to Charlotte and we couldn't find anyone with good enough ability to cover the AHL angle of things there for us, as well as a couple other aspects. Shame too as other then that we had things rather nicely planned out for a rather unique take.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote