Old
01-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
khabibulen, hasek, belfour, vernon, roy. there's been a lot of goalies brought into teams that may not have won it the year they were signed but were brought in for that reason. i'm not oblivious to that list looking like a who's who of the 90's tho. ha. but still. we never made that move. thats why i was happy we finally did it. bob was good but he could just wind up being another roussel or soderstrom or boucher or nitty. we made a move for a guy. at the time it looked pretty damn good. i think he will give us 3 or 4 more good years. the contract is long. but its long to circumvent. i was sick of vanbiesbrouck, cechmanek, hackett, and biron. if bob wins a vezina or a cup with columbus and bryz stays here and nothing happens then we will know who was right. but as flyers fans we both know what we want to happen.
Back when buying goalies was a good move, the Flyers weren't doing it. Now that it's a bad move, they're doing it.

Flyers hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
Goal is by far the most volatile position to draft, though. I'd be very disappointed if the Flyers started wasting 1st rounders on goalies. Spending a 2nd rounder every now and then (like Stolarz) is acceptable, though. As is holding onto 7th round picks with great promise and impressive track records - but alas!
Yeah, I don't think they need to start using first rounders on goalies, but putting serious effort and thought into drafting them (and more Dmen) instead of goons who never see the NHL would be nice. Using their firsts on forwards works out well.