Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
After seeing the Barons bring Cheechoo in on a PTO, do you think the Barons would give Gilbert Brule a shot? He was released from his team by Marc Crawford in the Swiss league early this season and I'm pretty certain he's currently unemployed.

His stats show that he's a solid contributer at the AHL level and he was pretty solid in the Coyotes run last season.

Ignoring his draft pedigree, I've always been a fan of him. He's a smaller guy who has the potential to lay devastating hits. Could you see them helping out a guy from Edmonton try to resurrect his career?
If they can convince him, definitely. I don't see him in the NHL on the Oilers (who would he displace, with his ability and what he brings right now?) but he's a talented player who would certainly help the development of other players down there. If he really lights it up and shows good defensive play and hitting, then maybe bring him up for a bottom 6 role, despite that he would make the lineup smaller.

He didn't play very well in the Swiss league according to his stats, and if he takes the rest of the year off then his career could very well be over. Hopefully he would take this offer.

JoeCool16 is online now   Reply With Quote