View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 04:49 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

vCash: 500
as much as i like zibby, i would offer them zibby and just leave that on the table. tell them they can call us back if things don't work out and we can negotiate from there/ i'd probably get laughed at by their gm, but if they get desperate enough, they'll know we're interested and we have a good starting point, so they'll call back.

having three great centers has been done before. it's not like they'd be starved for ice time. look at last season. spezza averaged just under 20 minutes a game. turris averaged almost 17 minutes. if we split it first line - 20, second line - 15, third line - 15, fourth line - 10, no one really misses out. it gives us a scoring line out there 50 minutes a game. if alfie comes back next season, and we shift silf to the left side, our lines could be

greening - spezza - michalek
silf - turris/o'reilly - alfie
regin/replacement - turris/o'reilly - stone
o'brien - smith - neil

we'll need to acquire one top four defenseman. a right shot, puck mover. but i think that forward group is solid. there's no harm in kicking the tires. if we can acquire a top four defenseman, i think that line-up has a shot. that is if silf can step up and start putting up points. imagine being able to give alfie a chance to win the cup and getting a really solid, young player in the process.