Old
01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner View Post
Maybe other people were.

I saw Kassian's potential quite clearly. I think he has incredible potential but will take several seasons to become truly consistent, if he ever gets there.

Hodgson's strengths and weaknesses were obvious from draft day. If he learns to skate adequately, he's a second line center. If by some miracle his skating actually improved to above average, he might have first line upside, but that was about one in a million shot of that happening. The vision, puck skills and shot were never questioned by anyone.

I just do not see those same tools with Schroeder, even when in the AHL. I'm not writing off that he can't show more offensive flare in the future. But I'm not expecting it either.

He still looks like a useful piece, especially for this season with the awful center depth. Malhotra will likely never be the same stud elite third liner he was in his first Canuck season. Lapierre looks like he's feeling the same effect every damn hockey player feels when they decide to add "20 pounds of muscle" in the offseason and insist they are still just as quick. Hopefully Lappy can lose the weight by playoff time.
Hodgson is a 1st line center now

When was the vision, puck skills, and shot of Jordan Schroeder ever questioned? Don't believe they have, they just didn't come with the hype of young Cody.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote