View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner View Post
He played the same way in the AHL though. I disagree about his vision. Like I said, his hands are very soft and he makes some nifty cross ice passes off the rush. But in all the games I've watched of him (not many, maybe a dozen) I've never seen him make a pass that truly impressed me as far as reading the play goes.

I have seen barely anything of Kadri, so I can't argue that point at all.

I just think Canucks fans are almost too easily impressed with young players at this point because we want to have our own young stars to fawn over like most every other NHL team has. I don't mean you particularly, it's just a general comment on the rest of the fan base. Schroeder looks solid, he plays an intelligent pro game and deserves the trust of the coach with his play so far.

I just don't see anything to get all excited about. Not like Kassian, for example.
Fair enough.

I'll semi-agree about the young player thing...it's true, we're dying for some young guns around here....the rest of the team has gotten pretty stale.

Two things that have me most excited about Schroeder is that he is ripping draws back clean against experienced NHL centers...even Malhotra doesn't win them as clean as JS has to start his career. Next, I'm excited that this skilled, offensive prospect is already trusted....that's exciting.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote