View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
We need to start looking at position more than BPA to fill out our weaknesses. We have an abundance of defenseman in the system coming up who look promising. Our center depth on the other hand.. Pitlick, Martindale and Lander are all guys who might end up being something but they have struggled with their developement. Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, Paajarvi, Hartikainen are all wingers who will be with the club for the future almost guarenteed. We need a center in this draft, plain and simple.

Take a page out of the Flyers book. The past few years who have they gotten out of the draft? Giroux, Couturier, Laughton. (who almost made the roster this year, will be there next year) They traded for Schenn. That team is set down the middle for the next decade.

Gagner looks like he's finally breaking out, you have to think he'll be signed again longer term. So Nuge and Gagner two centers that will be here. That's fine, now go out and get a Scott Laughton, Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn kind of center from the draft who can play gritty and/or has some size because that's what we seriously need.

I'm torn between Curtis Lazar and Frederick Gauthier right now. Gauthier is a 6'5 210 center at 17. Scouting reports say he's very good defensively and he's putting up over PPG in Rimouski right now. Sounds like Martin Hanzal a little. I'm loving what I've heard from him but I've seen Lazar play obviously and I think he'll be a lot like TJ Oshie. If Stu wants a goalie we have two seconds.. maybe we could package them for a late 1st and grab Fucale.