View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:30 PM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Beatdown View Post
Hull-Datsyuk-Devereaux was the 3rd line

Remember Babcock wanted Smith last year, Holland wasted a 1st round pick on Quincey while Smith was rotting in Grand Rapids. To me that bad management. Sign Samuelson (with a NMC) over Tatar/Nyquist is even more stupid.

I don't like your proposal, it is foolish.

One, Quincey was a RFA, not a one year "patch". Holland was preparing for the loss of Lidstrom AND Stuart. Smith is fine and dandy but he can be brought up and sent down without risk. And Quincey is the better defenseman right now.

Two, Nyquist is weeakkkkk. He's a feather weight against heavy weights. He is boy among men. And who is he going to bump off the top 6? Zetterberg? Brunner? Who?? Because he certainly ain't no bottom 6 player.

Three, Tatar has been good but I think he is hyped. He would be good instead of Abdelkader or Cleary, but why risk lose players that have an effective role?? It just makes more sense to use him as a depth guy during injuries and let him get top line minutes in the AHL.

Four, Sammy is a RH shot. Wings have only a few and adding him patches a hole that Tatar or Nyquist can't fulfill. Sammy is clutch in the playoffs. God knows we can't depend on Franzen anymore...

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote