View Single Post
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Mr Jiggyfly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
If our players missed meetings, I have no doubt Bylsma would do the same.

Bylsma benched Fleury in favour of Johnson last year too.

I just think the Philly series is a bit of a loopy comparison considering what happened to them the very next series when they played a team that was benching a better young player than we have in our whole system. Sometimes you win with rookies, sometimes you lose.

Early on in a season with an abrupt start, I think it's understood that everyone is finding their bearings. Rookies will always have less rope.
Agree to disagree. There is literally no argument that would convince me a vet should be rewarded with PP time and not have his minutes reduced when he is consistently making mistakes like Kunitz.

Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
Why not just not bench rooks or vets? I don't ever see the need to bench anybody unless they are being immature or cancerous or something. Players shouldn't suffer the bench because of mental errors. All that leads to is players playing not to make a mistake, which leads to terrible play.
Players, vets or rookies shouldn't be benched for having games like Despres, Cooke, or Sutter had.

However, making the same mental errors five games in a row should not be happening. That's why his time should be reduced until he gets his head on right, then you bump it back up.

You can't have a guy out there, rookie or vet, making as many mistakes as he has.

If that was Martin, people would be calling for him to be put on waivers.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote