View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
You also heard that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal upon signing of the CBA... so... believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear!

The asking price should be the same (high)... No reason for it to go down... Gardiner + 1st + roster player, IMO... Don't care if Toronto wants to pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto can pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto gets Luongo or not... No money, no meatballs...

As an aside, Dregger last night on TSN was pretty funny... Analyzing Gillis word-for-word ("as long as he would like", I think the quote was, he picked out), and suggesting that it might be difficult to keep Luongo happy, despite what he says... Despite what Luongo himself says (ignoring this)! Completely neglecting (failing to mention) the chance for playoff success, playing with friends in a city he likes, etc... Toronto media is selling you what you want to hear... That it's possible to get Luongo cheap... Once, it was even sold! Done deal! How many Toronto fan suckers were born that day?
You are assuming i believe all media reports...i do not. As far as the "done deal"....it's about as true as Gillis' "mystery team" deal.