View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
Whether or not it was a slewfoot doesn't change the fact that it was a dangerous play. From many of the comments in this thread I am convinced about 85% of this board doesn't know what a slewfoot is(which is why I won't waste my time pointing out why it was).
Get off your high horse and please explain why you think the vast majority of the people in this thread are wrong.

Quote:
Look at it from Bergerons point of view, Skinners knee makes contact with the back of his leg(you can see this at 1:33 of the video in the OP). It's impossible to tell the force exerted here as the net/goalie is in the way. Skinner then places his left arm on Bergerons right arm/abdomen and you can see his foot dragging along the ice as his knee/thigh are still in contact with Bergerons right leg. So if your Patrice, your likely to conclude you've been slewfooted, and at that stage of the game, you have no problem sending a message to midget Bieber over there.
I completely understand Bergeron thinking it was a slewfoot. It makes sense. He had his feet taken out under him, and Skinner (a player he was warned about) was involved. Of course he would jump to conclusions.

Quote:
I don't buy that Skinner just fell down, and there was absolutely no intent. I also know you can't prove intent, and no one on this board(other than Bruins fans) are going to side with the Bruins on a dirty play against them.
Skinner didn't just fall down, he went down because he was being hooked/impeded/interfered with by Bergeron.

And yes, everyone disagrees with you because we all hate the Bruins. It has nothing to do with the fact that you may be wrong.

Quote:
I'm not calling for a suspension, just pointing out that Skinner isn't a victim here. One of these days he will do it to the wrong guy and the stripes won't be around to protect him.
No one is saying Skinner is the victim: just that he didn't slewfoot Bergeron, and Bergeron jumped to conclusions.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote