View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 07:47 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I thought my answer was pretty clear. We'll see in 2 or 3 years time what the 4th line on Hawks will look like. I don't think Kruger will be on it.

I view him as a tweener, not enough offense to play top 6 and too soft and weak to play bottom 6, especially when up against those prospects

He goes to RFD and plays top 6 for a few seasons to get his offensive game up to speed, may be his only hope to stick in this league. He may be able to develop that game in Chicago but it won't be easy if he's doing 4th line duties.
I think the bolded statement is quite true. Kruger benefitted from his time in Rockford, and probably would have benefitted more from being there last year. He's still weak on his skates and has limited offensive potential. He has improved defensively, but isn't yet strong enough to be considered a long term answer on the third or fourth lines.

When the current forward prospects mature and are looking to take a spot on the roster, Kruger, Stalberg, Bickell, Shaw, Mayers, Frolik, Carcillo etc... will all be on the bubble or already gone, replaced with other vets or our own prospects.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote