View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
You can't just look at an AHL record and claim he is better. Unless you actually watched the hawks AHL team and are in the PHX's locker room it is impossible to truly know. What we do know is he did nothing but potter along with the thrashers the way sacco is with Avs. Its crazy how mental even the more knowledgeable posters here get with Sacco. The team has much, much, much bigger problems then head coach. Pointless to waste a good coach on a below average team
I did watch them win the Calder cup, they were a phenomenally coached group of journeymen players. The likes of Darren Haydar, Boris Valabik, Brian Fahey, Brett Sterling and Jason Krug. Ondrej Pavelec backstopping them.

In fact, I wanted Anderson to coach the Avs BEFORE we selected Granato, posting on the official Avs Board about him.

He's just an example of a superior coach being cut loose for less. If I were Sherman my first two interviews would be him and Jon Cooper. Granted, I cant remember the last active coach in the NHL or AHL to leave their team midseason, so I'd promote Quinn temporarily.