View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That just seems to come with the territory when you are on AC.

Just look at the Idle No More movement - racism against natives is still a huge problem in Canada.

But it's different when it comes to someone like Price, because most people don't even know about Price's first nations heritage. Unlike say, Tootoo, Price doesn't really practice many traditions as far as I know, and while his mother was a chief, he wasn't raised on a reservation (though he grew up near one). It's a part of his heritage, but like a lot of mixed native hockey players, it's something only fans really know about.

We actually have two players of indigenous ancestry; Bourque is métis (hence the French name) and has done a lot of off-ice work for Albertan native communities. Wonder if Price and Bourque have discussed doing any charitable work together, it would be good to see the organization represented in such a way.
Very interesting post (lots of info).

And didn't know Bourque is Metis (half native Canadian). Price...I already knew his mother is native Canadian. Interesting info indeed. I'm pulling for Bourque to pick up his game and be the player we all know he can be (solid, gritty power forward).
I'm guilty of bashing Bourque a bit for last season's performance but was also hoping he could pick up his game for our Habs. Pleks is good for any player...and maybe DD can be good as well for Bourque or vice versa.

--------------------------------- ---------------------------

Subban:
Gorges, Therrien, Markov...none of them seemed pleased about Subban finally signing (better to have the truth vs fake cliches, but surprised at the responses in the dressing room...doom and gloom). Makes me really think the players were hoping Subban would get traded. Maybe it's just true...many Hab players don't like Subban and some of us don't want to face the truth...hard to deny it now but seems too obvious Subban is not liked by his teammates (too loud? needs too much attention? very cocky? very arrogant? fights with teammates? cocky/unfriendly with staff? too colorful - no pun intended, very this, very that...me, me, me...starting to believe that some of the rumors are not just rumors since it's always the same player that is part of these rumors... but I'm still a huge Subban fan - the dman - ...I love the way he plays defense and offense...love the way he skates and always knows how to avoid a bodycheck - iron man - while protecting the puck...great for the PP, PK, 5 on 5...he has ultra skills/talent...sky is the limit). I felt that many of the rumors are true just by seeing how Subban's teammates never ever defend him on the ice...even when 2-3 players are attacking Subban...no Hab player ever defends Subban...must be a reason (no matter...I don't like to see this...teammates abandoning another teammate...maybe it has something to do with practice fights and how Subbie goes all out with bodychecks during practice? one reason out of so many... I really hope all of this gets sorted out 'cause we need Subban...so much hatred for this kid it's unbelievable...is it all about being humble and much more?).

I've got to admit...when I saw Subban on ''The Hour''...I felt that he was a huge bragger, was very very cocky/arrogant/fresh (not humble at all)...unlike his shy, more humble younger brother who also came on the show. But...maybe Subban just has a lot of personality (he does seem to love life and appreciate everything and that's great) and maybe it just appears like he's cocky...I don't know but I know this...I love Subban the dman. I can't imagine Subban wearing another jersey.

I really hope Hab players find a way to all get along...'cause Subban wants a Cup and can definitely help our Habs get that Cup.

P.S.: who is Subban's roommate on the road? Eller? (not sure). Eller in TSN article is the only one who was quoted in a positive way...''A player of P.K.'s calibre is always welcome in the lineup...he's playing a lot of minutes so he's going to be important to us. I'm sure he'll make the team better."

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-29-2013 at 11:00 PM.