View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
^ didn't know Demitra did that. I'm not surprised, i remember he said to the media how he didn't like how AV keeps switching the lines when he was there and that was when he was still on the team. AV seems to leave alot of bitterness in players that have left the club. The out spoken ones are Wille Mitchell, Naslund, and O'brien comes to mind. KEsler is next.

AV needs to learn to communitate with his players because right now it seems like they are often on different pages. Enough of this let the players run their own thing. When he makes comments to media and makes questionable roster moves, the players are gonna be more bitter towards him because of the lack of communication. more likely they take things the wrong way like Kesler did off season.
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ults-critique/

The 'new mould' of coaches all seem like they're good communicators. Guys like Guy Boucher, Dallas Eakins, Jon Cooper. Established coaches like Laviolette and Deboer. I liked Noel and MacT when they were in the system because they sought to teach and communicate with their players.

If you look at the coaches who have had recent success, it's that they're also intense, passionate and demanding - always pushing their players to be the best they can be. People like Quenneville and Byslma. Even Darryl Sutter, as much as he's known for being a hard-ass, and he communicates well with his players too.

Remember what some people were saying about this team seeming to be too laid back, casual and not enough intensity at times over the course of the 2nd half of last season? Perhaps it's time for AV to take back the reigns and stop giving the players so much autonomy.