View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think Backman could force their hand, though, if he wants to. What is there left for the guy to do in Sweden? He's making the national team, he's arguably the best D on his team, he's top10 in D scoring...the only thing he really needs is to add some bulk, but that's not really a huge deal and would probably take another couple of years regardless of what league he's in. If he wants to stay in Sweden, let him, but I'm not sure it's going to be a necessity from a development standpoint.

With Marchenko it's purely about icetime. He needs it, he hasn't been getting in Russia, I'd rather see the Wings do what they can to take a bit more control of it.

And you're right about Nedomiel and Jensen. Maybe the Wings aren't as high on some of these guys as we and others are, but if they don't find a way to make some room, they're not going to have a choice in losing them.
He signed another one-year deal in Sweden the other day. While there's still an NHL out clause, Hakan and the gang have all but said he's staying another year too. Yeah, it's not really a big deal either way, he's a couple of years away no matter what.

With Marchenko, my impression is they want him over next season. The decision seems to be up to him.