01-29-2013, 09:49 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Here's my *only* problem, Cole: how do we line this opinion up with their first 5 periods of the season where everything from the gap discipline and the power play, to the energy and the effort looked completely different.

I think Bylsma is a big part of the problem, but I can't wrap my head around why they would have picked the 2nd period at home against the Maple Leafs to tune Bylsma out.
They just aren't responding to him. It's that simple. He could be preaching the perfect strategy. It's how you communicate, and right now nobody is listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
If they fire Bylsma and bring up Hynes, the same exact issues will be there.
Not exactly. They do not have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
C'mon my mother would go after Parise and Suter. Was that really the only plan this summer? If he can only go after the stars to make this a better team he better start up an HF profile.
And if it goes the other way? If we went to someone else everyone would be *****ing about signing Semin for 1 year and letting Parise go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

The team was **** tonight, no doubt. But again, the circumstances behind the beginning of this season haven't been seen since '95. I don't think it's possible to get a representative view of the team at this point of the season. By all accounts Ryan Suter has been garbage so far this year...like I said, it's early.

Let's give it a month. These are proud players who have always - unlike with MT - have been very vocal in their support of both the coach and the system.
I'll give you a month, but it's pretty clear what is happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I'd be leery of judging a player's ability based on tonight's game. Almost to a man, they slacked off IMO. They intentionally did not skate hard, made lazy passes, shot the puck too late or too slow, etc.

We have a 5 MINUTE PP... and I think during that time earned 1 SOG, maybe 2. Sorry. We could be playing the Bruins or Rangers out there with a much better D and G against us, and even with the **** PP configuration, get 5 or 6 SOG in 5 minutes. That's on a bad night. On a good night, 10 or 15.

I'm judging DJ based on everything I've ever seen of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Well.... as much as I enjoy being right in general, this was no fun.
A giant F for effort to most everyone on the team, and with no effort even the best of coaches would come to look incompetent.

However, that is no excuse as we have nothing working systems wise. Our breakouts are ridiculous, our forecheck ineffective, our forwards seemingly have no idea where their linemates are going at any given time and even when they do our passing is atrocious. Our PP is an unmitigated disaster and to some of us it was always obvious that it would be.
Short of two periods against the Rags and one against the Flyers, all of this has been true pretty much for all the 6 games so far, and if you don't play within a structure you are relying solely on individual ability. We have too few players with enough of that not to suffer.

Again, we are showing every indication of being a poorly coached team, and on top of that the effort shown, perhaps due to little to no accountability seemingly demanded from our established players, says that players are doing a great job of tuning out everything good Bylsma might be preaching.

If all the danger lights about Bylsma hadn't been flashing prior to the start of the season, I would say "patience patience". But they were.
I don't know if Bylsma is as limited a coach as our performances make it appears, but if players don't buy what he is selling it doesn't matter.

Don't know who we should get instead, but I hope he is canned. Who Shero puts in his place will be a bigger and more important acquisition than any trade or free agency signing he could otherwise make, but I would guess that others here are right in saying that the trade will likely come first anyway.
If nothing is working, and I definitely blame the players, how can you not see coaching issues? They are not responding. It's literally THAT simple.

I said this in 08 and we won a Cup in 09 after a coaching change. Same thing happens here if they can get a guy in to make great in-game adjustments and get the team to listen/go out and play with desperation.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote