Thread: Confirmed with Link: Isles claim Thomas Hickey (D) off Waivers
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
SI90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have followed Hickeys career closely and if search through my threads you will find a ton of interviews with him and his coaches.

I know we hated losing him and that the Kings believed that he would have been playing with the team (hickey) had we been able to sneak him through waivers but it wasn't to be. We are overloaded with young depth on the blue line and unfortunately Hickey was the one we had to lose.

It was down to him or Jake Muzzin (both were in the same contract situation where they had to be signed to a one way deal or waived) and we picked Muzzin. JM is a bigger player who has more of an edge than Hickey but Hickey is the better overall player.

You guys got a very solid NHL ready pmd who has turned his game from being a one dimensional O minded pmd into a hybrid kid who uses his excellent skating and positional play to make up for any size he might be missing and is always a threat with the puck.

Give him a dozen games or so and I think you guys will be wanting to send a fruit basket to Dean Lombardi for passing Hickey along. Either way you should have more King fans following the Isles this year than last. First Moulson and now Hickey, we are becoming a real pipeline for the Isles.
thanks for the post....

Yeah Hickey looks like a very smart 2 way defender....Kid skates well and can make some nice plays with the puck...Also is very good positionally....I lie him lots thus far

SI90 is online now   Reply With Quote