View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
I think Ellerby has been getting better. He's so up and down and the penalties have been killer, but at times I think he's been the Panthers best defenseman. Jovo has been horrible, Kuba has been a complete bust, and Weaver might be the Panthers worst player right now. Campbell has done some things offensively, but has been pretty bad defensively. Kullikov has been as up and down as Ellerby but seems like we can chalk up at least one really bad giveaway each game. The poor play of the D has been the biggest surprise to me this year. Everyone talks about the lack of goal scoring, but the D is just as bad and maybe worse. If it weren't for some good goaltending by Theo, the Panthers should have given up even more goals than they have.
I think part of why ellerby is so up and down is he gains confidence and then gets pulled shortly after, He seems to act like it doesn't matter how he plays cuz dineen will yank him as soon as Guddy's back. Hes also never had a good chance to develop with so few games in his career with the panthers. Hes not entirely comfortable in the NHL yet but with more games he would probably become a solid top 4 d-man in a couple years

pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote