View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Fair enough, point conceded. I didn't stick around for any replays because I was too pissed. I suppose my auxiliary point would be that just because something "works", it isn't always the best way to do things. I feel like the style of save selected by Cam there wasn't one that minimized his economy of motion and took him out of position to make further saves should they be required. I think it was misplayed by Cam even after having viewed that replay. It's the same as a defenseman making an offensive pinch. If it works, he's a genius. That doesn't mean it was the right play at the right time. Context is incredibly important.
I agree that he didn't get any technical points there, same as on the Horton goal. The guy was barraged with high-quality shots in that game (btw, how many high quality shots did the Canes have? Five? Maybe?) and several times had to just explode across the crease and hope for the best, thus getting in a rut of stacking the pads.

The save on Horton might not have been technically perfect, but most goalies don't get a piece of that shot at all, let alone being asked to make an identical save on the opposite side 2 seconds later.

I mean, by all means Ward is definitely not on his A-game. But the idea that he was bad last night or cost us a win... I'm just not on board with scapegoating the goalie like that.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote