View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
But he was a monster 2009-10 season, especially pre-Olympics. His mojo was gone the next season. Why would he stop 8 months later?

The PED thing doesn't fly. It's stupid, baseless speculation.
The PED theory holds water. He was a beast BEFORE the last olympics and never totally regained form. He's got the lifetime contract. NHL testing isn't the most stringent. There were reports of a steroids doctor w ties to the Caps. His decline has been swift and precipitous. And doping, in case you haven't noticed, is rampant in sports.

Hate to break your bubble but it's the most compelling speculation out there and it would explain everything. You want me to believe he just lost his passion for the game and now he can't even coral a hockey puck?

He looks slower, weaker shots, softer hits, less aggressive and less focused. Nah man he stopped taking steroids or something similar before the last Olympics, never went back on them and the rest is history.

We may never know but that's the best explanation I can see. I don't know why everyone continues to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to their sports heroes and doping.

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote