View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Bourque? I'm still waiting for the Gallagher haters to repent.
Off topic, but I really thought he'd get lost a bit more trying to keep track of what's going on through all 3 zones at the NHL level. He still hasn't endured the test of physicality over the season, so there's nothing to gloat about there yet. There's no doubt that his chemistry with Chuckie is part of the success story so far, but I don't think Therrien would have kept him up full time if there was serious work to be done on the defensive side of the puck.

So the big surprise to me, is that he has apparently picked up Therrien's system so quickly; not just in practise, mind you, but in-game at full speed, too. Hockey I.Q. could be higher than I expected, for sure. You let high calibre guys like Chuckie loose a bit, but guys like Gally have to bring the whole package to stick full time this early. I fully, and honestly, expected that it would take him at least another season to get up to the level where his overall level of play would have a chance to erase any size concerns. I'm still skeptical, but grateful that he gets to put a ~40 game season under his belt before he goes through a full 80+. Kudos to him for the work he must have done this off season.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote